Friday, March 05, 2010

Roku, Netflix, and Blu-Ray

We bought the new Blu-Ray player because it was Netflix and " wireless ready."

I finally got around to attempting to set it up with our wireless internet...a job I hate to do because I'm not real sure what I'm doing and have to play around with it.

Anyway, after reading the directions a little, I found that I need a wireless LAN adapter with it which upon checking, I found they cost around $70.  So my good deal on the Blu Ray player isn't such a good deal.

Our main reason for getting it was so that we can watch all the free movies that Netflix streams.  Netflix has a "Roku" box which does the same thing for $79.   We returned the Blu-Ray and ordered the Roku.  We have several DVD players so we didn't want to spend the money on the Blu Ray player right now.

Anyway, with the Roku, I should have some support in setting it up...which is a good thing.  Shipping was free and I figure once we go on the road and won't be able to use Netflix streaming, I'll just sell it on Craigs list.  We have a lot of options of  "free" movies from our Netflix $8.99 subscription, including some Tv series, like "Weeds", which we like.  Once we get the Roku box, it'll be real easy to watch them without having to go through the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com