Monday, May 17, 2010

Met Some Nice People

I had two sets of RV queen size sheets that we weren’t using since we bought our wonderful new Bed in a Box memory foam mattress.

I put them up for sale on Craig’s list thinking some rv person may want them.  They were about $45 a set so I didn’t want to just throw them out.

I got a call about a month ago from Barbara who lives about an hour south of us in Tallahassee.  She wanted the sheets but didn’t want to have to drive all the way to our house.  We had been trying to work out meeting in Tallahassee, but never could seem to get together.

They finally decided to just come on up and pick up the sheets.  They are new Rv’ers and are still in the learning stages, (as we all are).  Barbara and her husband Greg came yesterday afternoon.  I took them up to see the RV and how we had set things up. It’s always nice to see how other people set up their kitchens in an rv.  Anyway, we had a very nice visit with them and really enjoyed their company.  We found we had a few things in common besides Rv’ing.  They have recently become more politically active, as have we, and we have the same political views.

We’re hoping to meet up with them again someday down the road!

2 comments:

  1. And you will meet more nice people when you start RVing full-time.

    I remember those days of having stuff in the RV and the house and it always being in the opposite place when I needed it. It is definitely great not having to "pack" anymore.

    Today we talked with neighbors who suggested we head to Alaska when we hit the road - my first thought was no, I couldn't possibly get ready for a trip to Alaska that quick. Then I realized I am always ready now - no packing. Pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that something like some bed sheets would bring you together and find some common ground!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve~
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com