Sunday, August 15, 2010

Going Camping!

Ok, so it's not until Christmas, but I'm excited.

We made reservations at Hillsborough River State Park over Christmas.  This is a place we frequently camped at when we lived in Tampa and spent several Christmas vacations there.  We would spend Christmas Eve at my Moms house, spend the night there and then come back to the RV the next morning.  The family would come and spend Christmas day with us.  It was always so much fun and we're excited to be doing it again this year.  There is nothing like camping at Christmas.  I've gotten to the point where decorating the house is too much of a chore and I don't enjoy it anymore....but the RV, well that's a different story!

Getting camping reservations in Florida in the winter months can be difficult and especially over holidays, so I was surprised our favorite sites were available.  I made reservations from December 20 for 9 nights.  Can't wait.  Maybe the bad economy helped me out this time!

We will bring the kayaks and do some kayaking.  The Hillsborough river is a great river to kayak on, especially in the cooler months.  There lots of gators.



We always find lots of friends when we camp there...like the ones below.


I have more photos on a previous post.
here

We always go home for Christmas and leave the kitties with a baby sitter.  We've only been able to stay a short time but this time we'll stay longer and be able to enjoy our favorite places a little longer.  We do miss Florida.

Well we're working around the house, fixing things and completing projects we started and didn't get around to finishing. :)   We have someone coming for our old tv/dvd player from the motorhome, and we bought a new "toy."  I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

Still no internet but I did call Windstream.  They are giving me a new modem. I will pick it up Monday and if that doens't work, I don't know what else to do. I wasn't able to log on connecting my computer directly to the modem (per Rick) and I could not get the other laptop connected either.  So as long as I have my verizon tethering feature up and running, I'm okay!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you got reservations in Florida for Christmas - with all the work you have been doing and will continue to do, you will definitely need the break.

    I can hardly wait to hear about your new "toy". I'm betting it is something electronic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heron photo is terrific! We're leaving on our camping vacation right after Christmas too - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com