Monday, September 20, 2010

Football Glitch

Al had been looking forward to watching the Tampa Bay Bucs on tv yesterday.   We don't always get them here in Georgia, so he was excited!  He Tivo'd  the game and was planning to watch it later when he could zip past all the commercials.  He's decided he enjoys the games much more if he can just watch them without all the delays.  He has his own "instant replay."

Unfortunately something happened and the tv went black.  After doing a little research, we noticed our tiny black kitty had been laying on a remote control and may have pushed a button.  We never could figure out what happened and finally had to reset the Tivo box to get it going again.  Of course Al missed some of the game!  All was well though as the Bucs won their 2nd game of the year.

We finally got brave yesterday and went into "the" room.  It's the room where we have boxes of china (3 sets) crystal (boxes and boxes), silver goblets (2 sets) and a lot of other stuff.  We have some really good quality Noritake and Sango china that we need to sell, but we weren't even sure how many place settings we had of it.  We opened one box and did a count.  Now I just need to photograph it and see if I can unload it on Craig's List.

I am really at a loss on how to sell this stuff.  I don't know if I want to mess with eBay because of the hassle shipping and I'm not sure anyone would pay anything anyway. I did a little eBay research and found a lot of china, but nothing appeared to be selling and no one was even bidding.

I had a little childrens tea set that I used as a little girl.  My parents bought it for me when we lived in Japan.  I wondered if it might have some value.  I checked on ebay and found a few other sets similar and no bids.  I decided to give it a try with no reserve price to see what happens.  At least I know it's nothing particularly valuable.  If it doesn't sell on eBay, I'll take it to the garage sale and get what I can.  I have fond memories of that little tea set, but just can't see keeping it.  If some cute little girl comes to the garage sale, I might just give it to her.

We spent the afternoon mowing.  Al did some trim work on the little mower and I worked on the rider.  No snakes were seen, thank goodness!  A lot of the people around here are offended if anyone mows on a Sunday.  It's okay to kill on a Sunday though and since hunting season has started, they are doing a lot of it.  I figure God would prefer I mow over killing innocent little animals!   It's  Dove hunting season.  Give me a break.  A Dove?  How much meat could they have?

Our plan today it to do some more sorting and take a load or two over to the storage shed.  I plan to start bringing Christmas decorations and see if I can get rid of some of that stuff.  Also, I am going to start bringing more clothes, because I am selling some of them.  Al reminded me that we have a few storage tubs of winter clothing in the garage!  Crap!  Just when I was starting to think I was making progress!


5 comments:

  1. Doesn't it seem sometimes like you're chiseling away at a mountain with an ice pick? I remember feeling like I was getting nowhere and every time we got rid of things, we just found more to get rid of. Slowly but surely, you'll get there. Good luck with your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While back my friend was getting rid of fine dishes and serving pieces on Craigs list. Not only did she not have to worry about packing and shipping, but when the lady met her to pick up some of the things, she bought a bunch of other stuff too~

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we were trying to clean out stuff, I swear it was multiplying in the back room. But eventually we did get it to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on hunting and a Dove?It would take 10 to get full. we have 4 that come every night and roost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a good Noritake set of china also. I bought it in 1990 after the 1989 earthquake broke every piece of the less expensive set I had. I have been wondering just what to do with it. My daughter has "modern" taste, so I can't give or save it for her.

    Keep us posted on if it sells or not.

    Seems like you are about a year ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com