Monday, October 18, 2010

Difficult Times

Rick summed it up well this morning with the title of his post.  "A Very Difficult Day to be a Blogger."

I'm finding the same thing.  My every day life seems so unimportant and trivial considering the family of Bruce and Margie are having to deal with double funerals.

I had very very little sleep Saturday night.  I couldn't stop thinking about Margie and Bruce.  We had initially planned on doing something "fun" on Sunday, but after the horrible news, I didn't know if  I was in the mood or not, but we finally decided  I needed to get out of the house.  We headed out St Marks National Wildlife Refuge.

I read a very nice  blog last night that dealt with the feelings many of us share about the passing of Margie and Bruce.  I loved what was written on this site:  Big Dog and Freeway.  She said that she thought Bruce and Margie would want us all to get on with our lives, take some pictures, and enjoy "a blog worthy day."

Here are a couple photos we took yesterday.   The Goldenrod was in full bloom and the Monarch butterflies are starting to gather for their annual migration south.  The sky was clear and blue, the temperature was in the mid 80's. It was a beautiful "blog worthy day."

I took some pictures with my  new camera.  I'm still learning about it, but I think I got a few nice shots.  I think I had the camera set wrong and the pictures may take too long to load.  I need to look up Ricks Picasa tutorial and resize them...just not today :)


Has anyone found out any funeral information for Bruce and Margie?  I would like to send a card, but haven't been able to find an address.

Great Blue Heron

Monarch Butterfly on Goldenrod
Baby Alligator



3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Your pics are beautiful!

    I know what you mean - just catching up on what happened to Margie and Bruce - so, so sad!

    Sending you an e-mail....

    Connie(PA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you mean by 'wrong settings' because those pictures are just awesome! That telephoto lens is starting to make me think 'new camera'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Pictures! I need to get my camera manual out and learn more about mine too!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com