Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Visit With Friends

Seffner, Florida

Al had to work yesterday,  so I had the day to myself.  I could/should have spent it finishing up putting stuff away, but I didn’t feel like it.  I have 2 more tubs of stuff that needs to find a home.  I have been hoping it finds its own way,  but I guess not. Smile

Our friends Ralph and Terry were camping at Hillsborough River State Park.  It’s not far away so I decided to go visit them and see their new to them motorhome.  They found a great deal on a very nice Holiday Rambler and are enjoying the rv lifestyle again.  They have a very nice motorhome and are happy to be out enjoying the outdoors. 

Unfortunately, I seem to be out of “blog” mode and neglected to take my camera, so no pictures.   The weather was a bit cooler yesterday due to a slight drop in the humidity, so we spent the afternoon outside enjoying the view and each others company. 

This park is one of our favorites.  It’s an older campground and  some small campsites are pretty small,  so you have to be careful.  We weren’t sure we could get into it with the new motorhome, but after looking at it again yesterday, I think we’ll be okay.  We’ll probably wait a while until we get comfortable with this big boy.   The visit really made me want to “go camping.”

The following are some pictures I have taken in the past from visits to Hillsborough River SP.  Our favorite trips there were the week of Christmas.  It was always fun decorating the rv for the holidays.

florida fall colors

campsite hrsp

Image042

 

P2260919

P1010055

P6030020

It’s a beautiful park, great hiking and kayaking and one of our favorites.

10 comments:

  1. That does look like a beautiful park. Well, except for the alligators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking park - except for the 'gators'! You are brave to kayak in those waters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rick looks like a great park if I could get passed the gators. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright. I'm drooling now. That CG looks like a great place. We want to get a big DP in a few years but I'm concerned that we may not find big enough sites in state parks. Those last two boxes are ready to stow.
    Syl

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice looking park!.minus the gators of course!..did stuff in the 'bins' put themselves away while you were out visiting!!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wondering if you will have to give up some of the parks because you bought a larger MH. I think it is sensible to have Al get a little more experience with it before trying to park in a tight spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice park!! Just love the "natural" much better also. You are so right though....many have small sites. Hope you get to enjoy a good camp there very soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a GREAT place. Thanks for the pictures. Christmas there sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice that you decided to take a break from all the moving and unpacking and enjoyed it with friends. I love the colours of the leaves at Christmas time. It looks like a very nice park.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Almost a week since you have blogged. What's up? Must be having too much fun...or working too much. And, yes, I miss Florida as always, but Michigan has been great...and perfect weather constantly.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com