Thursday, February 09, 2012

Visitors

Zephyrhills, Florida  (high 75, low 54)

We finally got a little cool front and it brought the temps down from the low 80’s to the mid 70’s.  It’s nice to be able to turn off the a/c during the day, and the nights are nice and cool, and make for some really good sleeping.

We had company yesterday and enjoyed a nice visit with Margie, and Carolyn.  We had a nice visit, and enjoyed their company.  Baxter is very social and he really liked them both.  For some reason, I didn’t even think about taking any pictures.  Margie did though….of Baxter!  He was quite the ham for Margie’s camera.

Carolyn bought our little portable ice-maker that we had on Craig’s list.  Ten minutes after they left, someone emailed wanting to buy it.  Isn’t that the way it always works?

We’ve been busy around here, but nothing particularly fun or blog worthy.

Al made a short trip back to Georgia to get a load of stuff from our storage shed.  I stayed home and held down the fort.

We joined a local gym, called “The Local Gym.”  We got a two month membership, hoping to kick start us into getting into better shape.  We’ve enjoyed it a lot.  Al likes the bike,  and treadmill and I prefer the weight machines.   We’ll be heading over there this morning and then off to an eye appointment for me this afternoon.  Fun stuff, huh?  I am actually looking forward to the eye appointment though, because I’ve been having terrible eye strain and headaches lately.  My contacts (I wear one) and my reading glasses have both been bothering me lately when I use the computer.  I have been trying to limit my computer time, but it’s hard.  Smile Hopefully a new prescription will solve the problem.

6 comments:

  1. Hope a new rx helps your eyes. It's no fun to get a headache or eyestrain when you're on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're using the gym membership. I bought a lifetime membership in a big gym years ago, cost me a fortune, and I used it about three times. Boy, was that a lesson learned. I thought spending all that money would force me to go.

    I hope you get a new prescription that will help you see better. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the eye doctor. I am going to have to go tomorrow since I think one of my contacts is stuck underneath my eye lid. It disappeared and I thought it fell out but today my eye is really feeling like there is a foreign body there.

    One thing I don't like about full timing is needing medical help and having no clue where to go to get it or if your insurance will pay for it. I'm flabbergasted at what Medicare and supplements don't pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you use the gym more then I did when I joined in my "old life".

    We're hoping to meet up with you, Margie and Carolyn before we leave in April. What fun to have a mini get together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to visit with you and Al the other day. Your babies were so social and well behaved. Can't wait to use the ice-maker, glad I was the one who got it. It will be put to very good use. We stopped in Parksdale to get strawberries to give the ice maker a try with a blender.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I love the hot temperatures but not at night. Cooler is better (but not cold!). I love your header picture with the deer swimming!

    Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com