Monday, August 13, 2012

Hot, Humid, and Rainy

Wesley Chapel, Florida

We sure wish we could head north to Ashville, North Carolina.  They are having the kind of weather I’d like.  Low 80’s during the day and 60’s at night.   Or better yet.  Maine, like Jeanne and Eldy.

This is a typical Florida summer.   HOT.    This heat is the reasons the snowbirds head north!  It’s been in the 90’s every day and mid 70’s overnight.  The humidity is high and we get a thunderstorm just about every day.  It doesn’t last long but it can really come down hard when it does.     This is our normal subtropical summer pattern.    Historically, hurricane season starts heating up now and peaks in September.  We’re holding our breath on that! 

We haven’t done anything fun lately and we keep thinking we need to make a trip to the beach.  There are some beautiful beaches nearby, but for some reason, we haven’t gotten motivated.  Maybe a trip to Fort Desoto Beach, or Honeymoon Island?

There are some nice rivers we could kayak, but in this heat, we prefer salt water kayaking, where we can get out and get wet. 

I don’t know why we haven’t been motivated to do something fun.  Maybe it is the fact that we lived in this area so many years, and there is nothing new to explore.  Maybe, it’s the heat.   Whatever the reason, our life has been pretty boring, which makes it difficult to write a blog.

The main thing we’ve done lately is go food shopping.   We have discovered so many new things to eat, and food seems to occupy most of our waking moments!  

I just discovered a new website with some wonderful vegan recipes.   Some of you have expressed an interest in eating some vegan foods, but don’t know how or what.  Here are some easy and great looking recipes:  Happy Herbivore Recipes

11 comments:

  1. Just so you don't get too bored, here are some recipe websites. The last three also have lots of great information about the vegan lifestyle.
    Stay COOL;o)))

    http://fatfreevegan.com/

    https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes

    http://myvegancookbook.com/recipes/all_recipes.php?by=date

    http://www.nutritionmd.org/recipes/all.html
    Nutrition MD is from PCRM Physicians Committee for Responsible Medice (Neal Barnard)

    http://www.drmcdougall.com/newsletter/recipeindex.html

    http://www.managercomplete.com/engine2/recipes.aspx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the websites with recipes. I'll check them out.

      I like simple recipes without too many different ingredients.

      Delete
  2. I know how it is when you sit in an area for a long period of time. Gets really boring. I found several recipes under the kid-friendly ones that I think even Jim would be willing to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! If Al will eat these recipes anyone will! He was the pickiest eater ever.

      Delete
  3. I agree when you are in the same place for a long time it kind of hampers your enthusiasm for doing things. We just hit the road again and it is nice to see some new places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been sitting for three weeks but not bored yet. We have found, though, that many of the things we do each day are not blog worthy, so we have cut back...BIG TIME.
    We have agreed not to blog unless we want to put it in our blog book at the end of the year. Don't feel any pressure to blog, we will all wait patiently for you to fill us in on what is going on in your life. Enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, being stuck in a place that you are so familiar with sure can dampen the adventurous spirit. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree all around. The humidity is so tiring and the heat. It makes the beach seem SO far away I don't even have the energy to get in the car. I feel like I am just watching time pass.

    It's definitely more of a challenge to do a blog post on the ordinary than it is on the fun interesting places we used to go. But those ordinary days are our life too and I want to remember that full timing wasn't all a party.

    Al says you have started a vegan cookbook collection. I want to make an appointment to come by and leaf through them. Have your secretary call me. LOL!!

    I'm waiting for the sprayers since I know as soon as I go to sleep they will come roaring in and scare me awake. :-((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heat really zaps me too. Sounds like it's time to hit the pool and find another dvd series. Thanks for including another great vegetarian website. I just signed up with Pinterest and am using it to organize recipes that look interesting. Made a quinoa bkfast cereal this morning: http://honestcooking.com/2012/01/18/quinoa-breakfast-cereal/

      Delete
    2. thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

      Delete
  7. I'm a big cheese lover, I also love a baked potato loaded with cheese, butter, sour cream. I could omit meats from my diet but don't think I could omit dairy products. I don't guess I could ever be a vegan

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments. We love to read them! To contact me directly you can send e-mail to rvtravels2@yahoo.com